Tuesday, November 29, 2011

in which I ruin my less-than-a-month-old new keyboard

What a morning, everyone. The looseleaf tea that I brought in a travel mug to my office hours escaped its bag and was floating in all the mango mate goodness... so, I poured it out and made some Earl Grey. As I perused JCrew's 30% off all sweaters(!!) sale, I tried to take a sip and... well, spilled recently boiled water all over my left hand, and some dripped onto my keyboard.

Slight panic mode ensued. Quite right, too; the keys, little by little, ceased to work. I had to order a new one off of Amazon and use expensive expedited shipping because--gah!--it's the end of the semester and I am grading and writing term papers in a mad frenzy. I need my mini-laptop to NOT be out of commission. My large [old] laptop I really only keep around for the purpose of listening to iTunes. There aren't any important germane files on it. It doesn't even have Firefox on it, or my Pinterest password memorized. Worst of all, the Adobe program that I use to highlight and make notes on PDFs of academic articles is only on the mini-laptop. UGH.

Outfit posts to come soon, once I get things under control!

No comments: