Monday, November 21, 2011

in which I return to Austin and hit the shops.. or, Anthropologie

R plodded off to work this morning around 8, and I began my first (and only?) solo day in Austin. I took a long bath and finished sticking post-it notes in Villette before taking an admittedly less studious detour into Anthropologie on my way to a coffeeshop.

Oh, Anthro.

I tried on this beautiful skirt, which at its full price of nearly $100, is just not going to do it for me. But I'm going to keep my eye on it to see if it goes on sale any time soon. I have been looking for a shorter wool skirt to wear with colorful tights, and I think that the navy blue of this little piece would allow this.
And, I found the blazer on the sale rack. But being a little tight in the arms (this is usually not a problem for me, either), I couldn't bring myself to spend $70 on it. Even if it is really adorable, warm, and silky on the inside. Sigh.




I did snag this wool/cotton/alpaca cardigan for $19, though. I've been looking for a navy blue cardigan for winter weather (I promise).




And now back to my regularly-scheduled research; I'm burying myself in articles on Villette and Voyage in the Dark for the next couple of hours before meeting R after work. We're returning the rental car and then, I believe, going to Chuy's for margaritas and (in my case anyway) burritos.





And yes, you have seen this outfit before. But R had not (in person, anyway), so I brought it to ATX to try on for him.

top: thrifted
skirt: Anthropologie
belt and necklace: via my mum
shoes: Urban Outfitters
purse: Spotted Moth

2 comments:

megz said...

give me your flat stomach. NAO.

enjoy austin! you deserve a break! i get to go home wendsday till sunday in which i plan to partake in baking festivities.

Vanessa said...

I love that skirt! I hope you can score a deal on it later. The windowpane pattern is really so cool!