<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d32473393\x26blogName\x3dbuying+the+flowers+myself\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://iwouldvestolenachillesheart.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://iwouldvestolenachillesheart.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2077747583534422285', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lucy had her work cut out for her
.Friday, October 28, 2011 ' 11:03 AM
in which I try something new

If you'll allow me for a moment, I will tell you that I am not a fan of my hips and my thighs. I'm just not. It's the Latina curse, I suppose; I have a tiny waist, and then these ridiculous curves that make half the things I want to wear looking infinitely better on--well, someone else. The first of these things is high-waisted pants. It is just not attractive for jeans to come in tightly on a tiny waist only to BALLOON out at the hips. And even if it somehow didn't look awful, there is probably not a pair of high-waisted jeans in the world that would accomodate a tiny waist that had large hips and thighs attached to it.

So, when I began to notice on fashion blogs and in JCrew catologues that nowadays ladies are beginning to tuck their shirts into their pants, I assumed that this, also, was not for me. When I (very rarely) wear pants, I tend to prefer longer shirts that will go over the hips, as if this would somehow hide them? Tucking a shirt into jeans--especially lower-waisted ones, as high-waisted do not accomodate my body type--would probably draw extra attention to that, my least favorite area on my body.

Today I figured, screw it. Let's see what happens.






hat: antique shop-ed
cardigan: JCrew
top and boots: thrifted
jeans: Gap
belt: via my mum
scarf: found under a couch cushion in college

It's not the worst look ever. Could high-waisted jeans be on the horizon? When next in Austin I'll have to check out a JCrew outlet and see if the impossible is now possible.

In other news: I am working like a maniac on the Adrienne Rich paper. Well, perhaps not a maniac. I'm only slightly panicked. My near future holds very little other than leftover chili and Adrienne Rich/Emmanuel Levinas.

Well, and Halloween...



2 comments

2 Comments:

ARE YOU GOING TO BE THE DOCTOR?!?!!?!!? OMG. I CAN'T WAIT.

Also, your problem is also my problem. I have a tiny waist and then BAM. You have several inches on me though, since I'm 5'3. But ugh, I hate it. I also have a tummy from the blasted medicine and some other reason why I'm gaining weight (I wish I knew).

You are so cute and badass<3.

By Blogger meganeliza, at 10:00 PM  

Dude! The shirt-tucked-into-high-waisted-pants look is MADE for people like you! Rock it!

By Blogger Megan, at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment








profile photo
about LNR


I am a displaced Texan turned PhD student in English at the University of Iowa. Follow my adventures in outfits, food, teaching anecdotes, theme songs, book reviews, and other quotidian what-have-yous. I am forever in love with Virginia Woolf, basset hounds, Tex-Mex, and the color yellow.

Currently reading: The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins

frequent stops

26 and Counting
All This Happiness
Amber Blue Bird
A Beautiful Mess
Big Girls, Small Kitchen
Bright Side Dweller
Brokeass Gourmet
The Clothes Horse
Fancy Fine
Happy, Honey and Lark
Homesick Texan
Indie Jane
Kendi Everyday
Let's Go Ride a Bike
The Life Academic
The Magpie Girl
Orchid Grey
Questionable Content
Blogging Academia


credits

original html: x
image hosting: x
fonts: x