Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Writer of "Fictions"

I've been working more and more on a short story that I started last month. I'd like to finally finish one, and revise it, and do something with it. Even if that "do something" is make a zine with some of my poetry or nonfiction memoir essays. I just want that sense of accomplishment, that I did completed something for myself and of my own volition and not for a grade or because it was assigned to me by someone else.

As some of you may know, I used to write a shit-ton of poetry. I had entire composition books full of it. Since I went to London two and a half years ago, I have written progressively less of the stuff. But every now and then when I am reading Adrienne Rich or Muriel Ruckeyser, I get inspired to start again.

This post is just to say, don't be surprised if Pass the Hat starts getting updated again.