Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You think it's like this, but it's really like this:

A new year. I want to resolve to update this blog regularly. I love reading blogs and I want to have one, so why is it so difficult for me to commit to one? I think that sometimes so much will happen that I will get exhausted just thinking about writing about it. Which is certainly the case, I feel, for the past month or so.

I wrote my final papers. Grades posted. A, A-, and a B.

I was in a pseudo-relationship with Jeff, a 27-year-old poet from the Writer's Workshop. After a packed month full of Workshop gatherings, bars, and karaoke-ing mixed with the final papers, we decided (well, he proposed and I accepted) to take a few steps back. We'll see where that takes us when the semester starts back up again.

Winter break: spent 2.5 weeks in Austin amidst a very gloomy house. Strongly suspect parents are having marital troubles that are almost solely on my mum's side and originate from the age difference between them that becomes more and more pronounced as time goes by.

Took the train back to Iowa City, where I am reading and redecorating. Waiting for the others to return.

Trying, always and again, to lose weight.

Snow.